Wednesday, March 28, 2012

2012 Diva Dash 5K Run

The 2012 Diva Dash 5K run was for Tori Svenson. Tori is a beautiful 7 year old little girl who is bravely battling brain cancer. All of the funds raised will go to help her family pay for the mounting medical bills and other personal things. There was a total of 621 participants which should bode her a substantial check.

This was my first 5K of 2012. I had only ran 2 times this year, and they were the week of the race. I wasn't expecting much out of my performance due to the lack of training, but was hoping to finish better than my last race on the same venue. If I could finish around 25:30 I would be happy.

The race went off without a hitch and I started off on the 2nd row. I got a great start and sprinted off with the leaders and then fell into my race pace. The course is 2.25 laps around the Cascade Hills Church campus road.

I finished with a time of 25:41 and felt really good during and after the run. Age groups were in 10 year increments and I placed 10th out of 42. Would have placed 3rd if it was 5 year increments.

Here are the Results

No comments: