Sunday, January 25, 2009

Callaway Gardens 5K


Well all I can say is Brrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! This was by far the coldest it has ever been for a race that I have participated in. I think that it was around 32 degrees at the start of the race, and not too much warmer at the finish of it. My official time was 25:31 and I felt every minute of it. It was only the second time that I wore my leg tights to stay warm and sure am glad that I did! I just wished that I would have worn my gloves too. It was just freezing, literally! I don't even think that I broke a sweat until the race was over and I was standing around waiting on the results.

Well I was elated when they finally came out because I finished in 3rd place in my age group! Cool, well I mean freezing!

It was a good race for me and I got to see several of my friends up there too.

No comments: