Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Mickey Mouse - Here I come....ready or not!

Well the time is here and the marathon is only a few days away. Am I ready? I don't think so, but I will give it a shot anyway. Who knows, maybe I will finish and in a decent time. As long as my back holds up, I should be fine. Famous last words my legs say! I feel as though I am 100% even though I haven't been running much. Only time will tell.

I have been hitting the Y pretty hard since the holidays began, and wouldn't you know it, the Y has changed their schedule for the new year! I haven't really figured out what or how I am going to do what I really want to do yet. So here is a rough plan:

Monday - Turbo Kick then Body Pump
Tuesday - Body Pump then Swim
Wednesday - Skate Practice
Thursday - Body Pump then Spin class
Friday - Body Pump then Swim
Saturday - Skate Practice
Sunday - Skate Practice

Tried the Turbo Kick class for the first time this week and it was a real challenge to keep up. But I was soaking wet when I finished so at least I did get a good workout. Very fast paced and high energy class, which is what I like and need. They actually started a Ballroom Dancing class on Monday too, but I need a partner to do that. Anyone interested (female that is!)? I need to learn how to be light on my toes! LOL

I really think that all of the core strengthening that I have been doing is starting to pay off. My last 2 skate practices have been really good and I can see my speed and control increasing. I think that the turbo kick class will help with all around quickness and agility too.

I just hope that the Mouse doesn't get in my way this Sunday!!!

No comments: