Sunday, May 2, 2010

SERC MTB Race #5 - Monte Sano St. Park Huntsville, Al.

Well this one will be a short story after a long haul!!! I drove all of the way over to Huntsville, Al. (5 hours) on Saturday with the intention of racing the SERC race on Sunday morning. I get to the park early Saturday morning for a pre-ride of the trail. After about 3 miles into the course I scrape against a rock and break my deraileur hanger!!! Shoot, dang it!!!

I have to walk it out the 3 miles. When I get back to the start line I start asking around for help. No one has a hanger that will match, but someone tells me to go to the local bike shop and see if they have one.

So off I go and find the bike shop. After about an hour of them looking around, nothing! They even call all of the other shops and they have nothing either. The closest shop that has one is in Birmingham, 2 hours away. Oh well.

So I just decide that it wasn't meant to be. I have to go break down my camp site, pack up the car and head back home. Another 5 hour drive. For some reason I feel as though this race wasn't meant to be and therefore I am not mad. Hmmmmmmm... And the part only cost $30.

No comments: