Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Caving in - sort of...

Well I finally gave in and did it. I signed up, basically caving in from all of the peer pressure that my brother and Rob have been giving me. It is going to be the hardest sporting event that I have ever participated in up to now, The Disney Marathon!!! Running this time, not skating. And I thought that skating a marathon was pretty hard. I haven't even ran anything longer than a 5K! What the hell am I thinking? LOL Well training starts tomorrow with a few laps around Lake Bottom Park right after work. The weather has been real nice and cool lately, so it should be great for running. I think both my brother and Rob are way more excited about me running in it than I am. But we will see how all of the training works out.

So I have approximately 4 months to get into shape. Kent says that he is following some 18 week training course/plan so I think that I might have to try it too. But wait, there is only 16 weeks and 3 days left to the race (Jan. 11, 2009). I had better get started asap and try to get caught up to Kent. On a better thought, I will never catch up to him, so why try? He has always been a better runner than I, but that is because it's all that he does. So if I make running all that I do, will that help make me as good as he is? Ya know we did come from the same gene pool (now that's a scary thought!!!). Sorry bro but it is true.

Well anyway, the misery and the "agony of the feet" begins tomorrow. I just hope the "agony of defeat" doesn't catch up to me in the race. I will keep you posted on my progress as it goes along.

No comments: