Monday, September 8, 2008

Training for the North Shore Inline Marathon

Well another race has come and passed and now I must continue training for the NSIM. It is the largest inline marathon in the world. Over 3000 skaters will convene on Duluth, Minn this weekend for the 12th annual race. I have looked at the previous results and have heard that the course is fast, so I am looking for another personal best. Hopefully an age group placement too.

So last week I took a couple of days off after the Us10K and then started back skating on Wednesday. Skated 14 miles over at Cooper Creek park Sunday morning and man was I hurting. I guess my legs were still feeling the pain from the 10K. Then I had indoor practice Sunday evening too which didn't help my pain go away. But it was all good and worth it. I took today (Monday) off and just swam. Gotta keep training for my next triathlon too ya know. But it was good to give the legs a little break.

Anyway, we are back out to Cooper Creek park tomorrow evening for another round of long distance training. Hopefully I can make another 14 miles. Then indoor training on Wednesday evening. Maybe another swim on Thursday and that will be all for the week.

Matt and I leave Friday afternoon for Duluth and have to pick up our race packs before 10pm. The weather forecast is partly cloudy with a low of 52 and high of 62. We will have to bring something to help us stay warm until start time, which is 7:30am Saturday. Matt is skating with the Pro Elite division and I am skating in the Advanced group in Wave A.

So wish us luck and I will follow up Sunday with the results and some photos.

No comments: