Monday, September 1, 2008

US 10K 2008 Atlanta

Well the big day finally came and went and it only took 21:41 minutes!!! It is touted as the hardest 10K in America and I have to agree with that statement. Even though it is the hardest race, it is also the shortest (thank goodness!!!). This being a personal best for me also. This was my 3rd time skating in this race (which was also my very first inline race ever, 2 years ago). I finished 12th overall and 1st in my age group. The last 2 years I finished 5th and 3rd, so I really wanted that #1 spot this year. Accomplished 2 goals in one race! Man what a rush!!!

I have to also say that I am very proud of our GT Speed Team from Columbus. We dominated the field for a team. If there was a team competition, we would have won 1st place hands down!!! All 5 GT skaters today finished in the top 12. How great is that. So here goes the finishing order for us:

2nd - Matt Stewart 18:03

3rd - Kamani Griffin 18:08

7th - JD Coleman 19:34

9th - Teymur Etimadi 21:15

11th - Jacob White 21:20

12th - Scott Burkhalter 21:41
So here are the official results.
I am also proud of all of the other skaters and thank them for coming out and participating. It was great to see some new and old faces again. Hope to see everyone again next year.
Well I guess it is time to start practicing for the North Shore Inline Marathon coming in less than 2 weeks. Well maybe start tomorrow that is. Gotta start putting in the miles now and hopefully get another personal best!

No comments: