Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Inevitable happened - again

Well I knew it would happen some time because it does it at least once every year and it is totally out of the blue when it does. A muscle in my back just let go and I almost fell to the floor with pain. I was at skate practice on Oct 5th and was coming out of the first corner and attempted to stand up and there it went. Totally unexpected and unannounced. The only thing that stopped me from hitting the floor were my hands catching myself on my knees. I couldn't straighten up at all. Hell I could barely walk. So I just coasted back to where my things were and sat down. That was all she wrote. BAM. I the blink of your eye I was out, and no one knows for how long either. I thought that my back was pretty strong because of all of the training that I have been doing over the last 2 years. I really don't like running because I know that it is not very good on your body, but since I have decided to give this marathon a try, I have to train for it. I don't know if that is what caused my back to go out, but it is the only thing that I have changed in my training routine.

So I have laid off the training for the last week to let my back heal up. I have been taking alot of ibuprophren to help with the pain and healing process. I attempted to skate again today for the first time, and it went pretty good, but my back is still pretty sore and tight. So I guess that I still need lay off of the training for another week and see if it gets any better by then.

Hopefully I will be back real soon. See ya.

No comments: