Thursday, October 30, 2008

Training slowly restarts

Well it has been almost 4 weeks since I hurt my back and things are really looking and feeling good right now. My back is getting stronger but still a little sore. I decided that since I couldn't just sit around and do nothing every day that I would do some no-impact training, swimming. So I have been swimming almost every other day for the last 2 weeks. It really seems to help alot by stretching out my back muscles. Last Thursday I actually got on the eliptical machine for the first time and did it for 20 minutes and it felt really good. I have also been back on my bike a few times.

Slowly but surely I am getting back into the swing of things. I had my first complete skate practice this Wednesday and I could really tell that I have been off of the skate floor for a while. My legs were really feeling the pain and are still bothering me some right now. It is amazing to me how fast your muscles seem to get out of shape.

I have still not even thought about running again and don't know when I will. I might have to be a specatator at the marathon instead of a particpant. Only time will tell.

Til next time. I'm out.

No comments: